CURRENTLY ACCEPTING NEW PRIMARY CARE PATIENTS!
Are you in need of a Primary Care Provider that takes time to discuss your diet and wellbeing? Who looks at you as a person, and not just a number? Are you looking for someone who will be understanding, cooperative, and supportive of your choices to treat things naturally before seeking medications? If so, you've found the right practice.
Alise Greenfield, ARNP is a Family Nurse Practitioner, providing Primary Care services at Vibrant Health. We are currently contracted with Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Medicare. We can also work with AARP secondary insurance. We are hoping to add Harvard Pilgram within the coming months.
Many people are beginning to recognize the interconnection of the body, mind and spirit, and how important it is to treat the whole person, rather than separate body parts. Holistic Providers see the value in using preventative lifestyle measures first, before medications. Alise has a particular interest in nutrition and fitness, and enjoys teaching her patients how to live healthier and achieve a more optimal state of health through better nutrition and lifestyle habits.
If I have a Naturopathic Doctor already, so why might I need a Primary Care practitioner as well?
1) You may want to establish care with our Family Nurse Practitioner, Alise Greenfield, if your insurance is an HMO. With an HMO, all referrals must come from your designated Primary Care practitioner. For example, if you have an HMO insurance and you need to see a neurologist or dermatologist, you will need to go to through your PCP and ask for this referral. In addition to referrals, most prescriptions, lab work and imaging (x-rays, MRI, etc) will need to be ordered through your PCP in order for these tests to be covered. We have created this partnership to make this a seamless process for our patients to get what they need and use their insurance benefits when available.
2) Since our Naturopathic Doctors are “out of network specialists”, everything they do will fall under your “out of network insurance benefits”. If you would like to have your annual physical covered by insurance, this may be a reason to establish with a Primary Care.
3) Peace of Mind… Most, if not all, of our patients wish that their primary would be open to the Naturopathic approach we take. Some patients are even shamed for seeking alternative care, yet their doctors have not given them the answers they need to understand what’s going on with their health, or their doctor can only offer them prescription treatments with many side-effects. So far, our patients love the idea of having a Primary Care right within our naturopathic practice because it means everyone is working in partnership with the same goal of keeping the patient off medications and using natural alternatives whenever possible.
4) Though we try to avoid prescriptions whenever possible, however sometimes they are necessary. Naturopathic Doctors can prescribe most, but not all, prescriptions and controlled substances. By establishing care with our in-house Nurse Practitioner, she can fill in the gaps by prescribing and managing any medications that are necessary, and not on the naturopathic formulary.
5) Has your PCP ever talked to you about how to eat and exercise for optimal health and wellness? Maybe you are overall pretty healthy, without any diseases, but there may be some diet or lifestyle changes that you could make for better prevention, better energy, better metabolism, or for better sleep? When you become a Primary Care patient at Vibrant Health, you will be given access to our Functional Medicine evaluation (done after the initial appointment), which can identify areas of your health that are out of balance such as adrenals, thyroid, digestion, etc. Thoroughness is our forte, and helping you maintain your best health is our ultimate goal!
We are now accepting new primary care patients for Alise Greenfield, ARNP with minimal wait time. Call today to schedule your appointment! (603)610-8882